Drove domestic up until 2002. Had a Cavalier Z24 - decent car then I had 2 Pontiac Grand AM GT's that were total pcs of junk. In the garage constantly. Finally, I had enough and in 02 bought a Honda Accord V6. Loved that car. Best car that I had ever drove or owned. Hubby totalled it about 1 1/2 yrs ago coming home from work on the hwy in a snowstorm. Thank goodness that he was ok. Anyways, we then bought a 2005 Acura TL. Loved that car as well. Handling, ride everything was awesome. Some whack job lady made an improper left hand turn into us in June and just creamed the driver's side of the car. $20,000 in damages and the insurance fixed it but we had to send the car back several times because there were so many problems and in the end, I just said enough was enough.

Hubby is at police college and I'm home transporting the kids to all of their activities and I needed something that would get me around properly in bad weather and I didn't want a minivan. I found the Pilot too big and the Escape like vehicles too small. I liked the Xterra before we got the Acura but I wasn't ready for a SUV at that point, but I'm glad that we have it now. It's been great and I love it. I don't think that I will ever go back to domestic though. If anything, we may get another car to replace hubby's in a couple of years but that's about it.