Quote:
Originally posted by 4wheelin_again:
My wife and I and another couple went back in May. We started off in Oahu, I wanted to go to Pearl Harbor, and just see some of the "tourist" areas. Honolulu/Waikiki area is crowded but the North and East shores off the island are beautiful.
We also went to the Big Island for a few days. We stayed in the Waikaloa area, very nice hotels, but very expensive, and the best beaches were a drive from there. Kona is nice but a bit rocky, Hilo is on the "rainy" side of the island but is the home to many breath taking waterfalls. Be sure to visit Volcanoes National park to see how Hawaii makes new property. Check out the Volcano House while your there for a great buffet meal.<--Mahalo Lopaka
On Maui, we stayed on Kaanapali Beach, at the Sheraton. The views are incredible from the hotel. Visit Haleakala for sunrise, we did the bike tour down, 10,000 feet to sea level, 38 miles down NO pedaling, the views are great on the way down. Oh yes, Old Lahaina Luau! not to be missed.
The only thing we'd do different next time, yes we are going again, is fly out to LA, stay a night or two and leave from there, it will break up the trip from the east coast and make the flight out seem shorter.
I'm not too far from you, I live in Fall River, and the whole area is nothing like our New Engalnd, it's tough not to act like a tourist there with all the beauty, but Hawaii is like nothing you've seen here, shut off the cell phone, relax, and "Hang Loose"
I'm deffinetly gonna check out the volcano national park and a few other things you mentioned...Thanks for the tips.. wink

But yeah I'm like 5-10 minutes from Fall River..Nice to see other locals on here... wink