Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:

Any reason why GOX is being held in the same place as last year?

My hunch(es)

1) Ouray is supposed to be a "Mecca", if you will, for four-wheeling. What GOX is all about. Oh, and the beer drinking...

2) It's close to Ian's crib. He runs it and obviously devotes much time and $$ to it. It's not a democracy; it's his baby.

It's noble of you to submit alternative venues, but Oklahoma (IMHO) should NOT be one of them. Try again.

I sympathize w/ you folks making a long roadie. I used to drive 30-40K a year for work.

I'm curious though who has considered flying into a nearby airport. Maybe Denver or Abq? Flame me if you will, but would it be utter shame and humiliation to take the trails with a fellow XOC'er in HIS X? Personally I'm looking forward to the four-wheeling AND the comraderie (beer drinking ) but I wouldn't mind taking a turn on the trails w/ someone else's X, nor would I mind someone getting behind the wheel of mine whilst I down a few (Oh the horror!). Not to mention the economics of a $200 plane ticket versus a TON of gas for these "sippers" we all call Xterra, Oh geez, now I've brought the milage thing in... Just a thought...

------------------
"Xterra Pride"
"all your beer are belong to us"