Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
finally something smart. your damn right its a free country and he can do whatever the hell he wants especially since he went to war to defend it. GOX should be an event where EVERYONE who owns an xterra is welcome instead of some having to be smuggled in. you said it yourself that "GOX has always been a 4 wheeling event," so why the huge deal with no 4x2's. don't give me that environmental bullshit because we all drive SUV's to begin with, what about the mods we put on, the mud tires that dig up the dirt. how do you know that a trail is 2wd till you try it. jimminy christmas im wasting my life having an argument with a person who i have never met and would more than likely get along with, what have we all become????
Lighten up dick weed. What he means is without low range most drivers have to resort to speed and rough driving which tears up the trails. Then activists petition government to close these trails claiming we are tearing up the earth. He admitted he had trouble at high elevation since he didn't have low range. I am glad he can wheel and enjoy his Xterra. All Ian is saying is it takes a 4wd to do a lot of the trails in Ouray due to elevation. Ian has never tried to kick anyone out of Ouray as it is free country. He just suggests you have a 4wd and if not your on your own as he will not take you with him. So find someone else to go with like this guy did. You seem to be the only one up in arms about this.

Oh and the maps and guides from years of offroaders rating the trails is probably where he gets his information of them being 4wd only. Geez if only the people testing and rating these trails were as smart as you :rolleyes: