Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
[QUOTE]I don't think Ian wants to keep the trademark for himself; it's pretty useless without the club, anyway. We can ask him.

I guess I don't understand why you are trying to "protect" the GOX name. You're not, you're killing it. As far as I'm concerned, Ian invented the event as a long-term club event, not some proprietary trademark he would hold onto long after he left. If that were his intention, why didn't he just delete the GOX forum before he left? While we're on the subject of trademarks, Ian has the trademark for XOC, too. Should we change it's name, too?

Ian gave me ownership of all the XOC GOX etc stuff, trademarks artwork bla bla bla.

Since I can not (at this time) set aside the time to try to put on GOX I do not want it to be directly associated with XOC. Thus I do not want the name used. Nissan has direct referances to it on their website and if I can not set the time to do it as Ian and myself would like it, it aint happening.

If the RMXC wants to have some event in Colorado then have at it. Nothing is stopping you from hosting one.