Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
I'm sure that gone will be an awesome event, but GOX was the only national Xterra event out there.
Uh, what? The largest national Xterra event is ECXC, has been for a while now. ECXC 2k4 had 53 trucks in the woods last year. This year over 60 people have already signed up and the event was just announced last week. It's called East Coast because that is where it is located, but it is still open to any Xterra owner.

I am sad to see GOX go, and would be willing to do what I can to see it continue on. I know within MAXC there has always been a negative attitude towards GOX, but if I recall properly, our Vice President was there last year, he even left ECXC early to attend! Unfortunately I can't really do much more than give advice in forming events like this, but I'm willing to help the brave sole that steps up and take control.

I've heard lots of people complain about the lack of events out there, but there are very few people out there actually doing anything about it. Instead of complaining about losing GOX, get out there and start a new one. Even if the name has to change, there is no reason GOX's spirit can't live on.

-Michael