Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

I've been in contact with the companies that advertise on XOC, and they have expressed concern over the so called experts here (those with only a year or two of 4 wheeling experience, a dozen weekends of simple wrench turning, and zero knowledge of mechanical design), and we're stumped why they continue to bad mouth every new product or idea that comes to market.

Just speculating here, but maybe because the "experts" seem to hide in the shadows of this message board, or only talk to you (Ian).

Everyone likes to be part of a winning team. If some of the vendors asked what the owners were looking for, and maybe shared in some of their experiences there might be more buy in.

I have said this before, but the whole "coming down from the mountain" attitude of some companies rubs people the wrong way. Becoming part of the Xterra discussion would be a great first step.

Those companies not having a visable presence on the Message Boards, and you defending any dissention just perpetuates the eletist attitude.

And before I get flamed, I just want to say I'm trying to explain the perspective of the so called "nay-sayers" in the hope that more open discussion will happen.

P.S. Two years experience offroading with the Xterra is as much as anyone has had with this vehicle. For Nissan to ignore the opinions of people who drive their truck every day is shortsided. To rely on the opinion of one person (with all due respect) is to ignore the needs of a wide variety of offroaders.