Ian, I do consider myself a newbie when it comes to this, and while I have driven over “some” obstacles as pictured… not very many, and they have been for very short parts of the trail, say 10-15 yards of the obstacle – not 7 days worth. I probably was not very smart about it either, I bought my first Xterra in May of ’99 and within two weeks had it dented, scratched up and cover in mud. I would like to wait a little while longer before doing that to this one, so I am taking your advice to heart (along with the fact that I have not been wheeling in about 3 years). I love that you guys do this type of thing and glad that there is an organized group that does it - which I can hopefully be a part of. Please keep that in mind when people like me have questions. I’m sure there are others out there that do not have super modified Xterras that have interest in this sort of thing (that’s why we bought 4X4 Xterras in the first place). We are looking to you guys for advice and experience. I fully understand about this years GOX and the fact that it was made more challenging than in the past, that is your call – you set the whole thing up. I guess I just wish there would have been an easier way of giving me advice than to say “One note though is that the group will not be stopping to help spot people, or near stock Xterras, over obstacles that an experienced driver can handle.” Kind of sounds a little elitist… I guess it should not bother me though, I’ve read a lot of the forums on the site, and sometimes things can get pretty “interesting”. Seriously though, I do thank you for the input, you’ve answered every question I had and helped me with my decision. I fully support what you guys are doing on this site and hope everyone going to GOX this year has a great time.