Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:

And yes, right now I'm just mad about the game tonight. Spent time, money and energy outside tailgating and in the stands screaming my lungs out, but to no avail. I stayed til the very end. I almost wanted to cry. frown

I love my Jags but tonight they broke my heart for some reason. I guess I had high hopes.
Wish I could feel bad for you, but I've said those exact words about my Saints about 200 times since attending my first game in 1969. Super Bowl favorites? Right now I'm thrilled when the Saints get a first down. mad

In fact, as we watched another dreadful Saints loss sometime in the 1980's, my dad said in disgust, "I'll be dead before those clowns win anything."

He was right. He died in April of 1991, and later that very year, the Saints won their first division title. frown

It's all cyclical...the Colts and Patriots were absolutely awful for many years. Now is their time in the sun, and inevitably, they will decline as the 49ers and Dolphins have. The Jags are doing well for the season, have a good coaching staff, and some capable players, so you at least have hope. Truth is, there are two NFLs now, the Colts and Patriots and everybody else.

As for me, I choose to keep faith in the saying "Every dog has its day." The simple law of averages says the Saints will have theirs. I just hope I live long enough. laugh