Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
[b]CCG games just allows weak teams (Kansas and Mizz for example) to be in the National picture due to extremely weak SOS.
Actually, it's worst for those teams because they'll actually most likely play a tough team. Not have a CCG allows teams like OSU to be in the National picture even with their extremely weak SOS.
[/b]

That makes no sense at all. In the Pac 10 you play every single team, meaning you'll play all of the best teams in the conference. While a Big 12 team is guaranteed a decent opponent in the championship game, that team could miss the tough teams in conference during the regular season. Like Kansas this year - no Texas and no OU. Having to play both of those teams in the regular season is tougher than just having to play one of them in the championship game.

Quote:
Hawaii is fun to watch. You are never out it of it with our systems and I knew they could come back last night. However, they are no where even close to the same talent level at receiver or anywhere on both sides of the ball. Crabtree gets the most national attention (and rightfully so), but Amendola is also a stud... pretty close to a Wes Welker. We also have some additional young talent as well, just not quite the speciman that Crabtree is. They light up the stats when they play crappy teams as well. The closest position would be quarterback, but Harrell will show Brennan how you're supposed to play like a senior next year. [Smoking]
Like I said Crabtree is a standout, but beyond him I'd give Hawaii's receivers the edge over Tech's. Just my opinion.

It's true that Hawaii didn't play a good schedule, but at 74th out of 117, Tech didn't exactly light it up either (I'll save you the trouble of looking it up - tOSU's schedule was 60th, and Oregon's schedule was 7th.)