Quote:
Originally posted by LouisianaOutbackTrail:
So, I know this is a subject that has been beat to death...

Does anyone know what the deal is? I know its...
Sounds like you answered your own question.

We purchased shocks and oil filter kit from them back in '00. Way back then people were complaining of SLRs customer service. We were not one of them, we got what we ordered in a timely manner, and received prompt technical support. Friends of mine weren't so lucky.

From the very beginning it was well known that SLR racing was a small mom-n-pop style company: few employees, another day job, low volume, and undeveloped business operations. That has yet to change over the years.

You seemed to have known there were issues yet decided to make a purchase anyway. You decided it was worth the chance. Did you make a bad decision? That's for you to decide. The real question is, why are you posting about it? Pick up the phone, call them. Call them again, and again. Send a certified letter. Complain to your credit card provider. You did use a credit card, right?? Exercise the protections and processes available. If it gets real bad use the small claims court system.

You proven that there's always someone else willing to tempt fate, get dissatified, and then try to get comfort or action from the board. It's been tried, to no avail, for seven years.

You are right, this has been beat to death.