I am saddened that many faithful customers have lost a source. I know that the SLR debate has caused plenty of bad feelings on XOC over the last few years.

My experience was that SLR had extremely good knowledge, but the business skills did not exist in any manner. He would not always explain the situation truthfully, in my experience.

I spent a year battling with him regarding early National Spring Packs that Spencer said were custom. He had bought 10 sets all the same and told people that they were set up for there individual load carrying. Not true.

He also sold people a series of UCA's that were too long, thus your could not really get a adequate alignment. Then ne copied someone else's design for his econo-line and shortened the other UCA's. Parts were nearly always late, or you got partial shipments.

I hope that he finds employment where his technical skills can be utilized and someone else could run the business side of things.

Me, I've got a set of SLR UCA's on a shelf in my garage and using a spring pack with leaf's that were not intended to be together - but were sent to me because his "Replacement" started sagging also.

Maybe now I can get the bad taste of doing business with SLR out of my system because his methods of conducting business has put an end to his business.
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/