You guys are missing the point of this article. The problem was this: The girl was seriously hurt from her injuries. She was brought to the hospital, cheked, treated and was in stable conditon. She was alert and recovering. However, the next day later, she suddenly died from a build up of fluid in her brain that was the result of the doctors not properly monitering her.

As far as Knutsen, he was absolutely devistated after the news of her death. Article on Knutsen. It very much impacted his and the teams play last season as the only won 3 of their last 14 games.

As of the beginning of the season, the family had NOT filed against the Blue Jackets. However, i still cant find any mention of when they filed.

With that out of the way, the Blue Jackets went well beyond out of their way for the family. They memorialized her at games, wore her name on their helmets, even the coach kept in touch with the family as well as some of the players and management. There was even a special fund set up in her name too that was promoted throughout the NHL. I too don't understand the reason why the team as well as Knutsen would legally be responsible. IT is an injury that happens. Now the hospital, that end is totally unacceptable. I mean the girl was fully alert, concious, joking with her family, and them suddenly dead because they didn't properly monitor her.

Unfortunatly it has opened a can of worms though. People who recieved no compensation prior to this event have now brought up new lawsuits to sew for damages that they couldn't achieve until the family of Brittanie received them from her unfortunate death.

Lawyers point of view: There is no disclaimer told to you PRIOR to purchase of said ticket. You are then, not notified of the disclaimer on the back of your ticket, so you would not know it was there since it is not being pointed out to you.

Lawyers point of view 2: The verbal diclaimer and visual disclaimer of danger due to pucks is insufficient because you are not reminded constantly through the game of the danger.

Now THAT pisses me off.

Have fun with those tidbits smile
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.