Modifying the X isn't as cheap as modifying a jeep, and many people realize that and that's how people walk away. Me for example, I've done everything to my truck short of the SAS. You get to a point where you want more then you realize, crap, I dropped almost 3 grand in this for bigger tires, suspension lift, body lift, armor, and every possible upgrade, now do I want to spend almost 7 grand more to put a SAS in it? That said, I still put way too much into mine to get rid of it.

Add to the fact that the 2 main suppliers of modifications are not so reliable and expensive, 2004 and earlier support is disappearing and never really caught on like the next gen, there is nowhere to legally wheel in the majority of the state with the exception of the pine barrens, driving hours to go wheeling and many people get turned off.

I wouldn't say the Nor'Easter had anything to do with spreading the group thin. There were only 4 Xterra's there this year.

In those aspects, the club is pretty much dead. Nobody has really cared that nothing is going on, and like I mentioned nobody really stepped up to bat or questioned why things got quiet.

For what it's worth I just cleaned up some of the forums over there.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.