Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
How about dimensions or Cubic cargo capacity, something to give us an idea of what we can fit in there. Is the top one the same dimensions as the mini x-net?
The larger pocket fits right up to the attachment points already on the roof of the X allowing about an inch for the new buckle. The smaller pocket is the same dimension as the original Mini X-Net for comparison. I will give 85% trade in for any Mini X-NETS (or pockets)purchased after the start of this thread, less shipping. I may have a harder time selling them now it seems wink
I will need to a bit of testing before they are ready for sale, but it certainly is not of the strength that the military steel buckles offer. What is the MAX weight that this new net should carry? These buckles are rated for 150# break strength each and on 3/4" wide strap that is 200#break weight. The smaller steel ring version would cave in the roof or rip out the factory mounts before it hit failure rating. I'll test it this week and see what it takes to break it and keep all posted.