Hi everyone...This is Teri from Gibson Performance (customer service). I have read all the posts concerning our stainless steel exhaust systems and would like to answer some of the questions that have been raised in this forum.(and some great answer's I might add!!)

The most prominent questions have been about the different grades of stainless we use in our manufacturing process. Unlike the S/S tips and the muffler, which are made from 304 polished stainless; the tubes are made of 16 GA./409 stainless (which is the same grade of stainless used in your Nissan Xterra factory exhaust system). If you are unfamiliar with grades of stainless, please understand that 409 stainless contains small metal fragments, which allows the steel to be easily manipulated for the precision of mandrel bending, and not become "brittle". These metal fragments will discolor and attract surface rust when exposed to inclement weather but please be assured that the integrity of the stainless steel is not compromised by this reaction to the elements. We are so confident, in the quality of our stainless steel products, that we warranty our stainless exhaust systems against rust-through for as long as the original purchaser owns that vehicle.

I apologize for being so long winded, and would welcome a telephone call,(800)528-3044, from any of you concerning our products.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Teri