Quote:
Originally posted by Lardnapkin:
Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
[b]OK, I want to get my .02 on this one. As a small business owner I have to deal with vendors on a daily basis. Even my BEST vendors can miss deadlines. This, of course, causes me to move up my own deadlines.

We all want and need to treat our customers with great respect and very diligently. However, you see yourself and your situation in your own light and may not see the whole picture. There is no excuse for not contacting a customer when deadlines are not met but there may be a very good reason for the challenge.

Give all these guys as much of a break as you can. They are, after all, providing a service to us also. Even if want to we can't use Jeep aftermarket parts on our trucks wink
So how long of a break do you suggest?. They doing US a favor???..let me know what I missed. Are they not in Business to make Money?. Do they not make a profit on the products they sell?

I operate a medium business to. Shit happens and we can not be perfect. Our clients understand that this is a factor of doing business...BUT the reason we can get away with it is we are PROACTIVE and UPFRONT with our client and do not leave them hanging.

- Shoot an email, place a phone call if you have promised something and are not able to keep it.

- Don't tell people you have product in stock if you have to get it drop shipped from a 3rd party, it does not create understanding for the process.

SLR has great products. but too many people are pissed off at poor service, it would not take much to turn it around and secure a loyal customer base...[/b]
Well said Clau... Lardnapkin laugh