Quote:
Originally posted by colorado_buff:
Is your rear bumper available without the tire carrier? If so, how much is it and can it be attached with the spare tire still under the vehicle? Thanks for any information.
Until Steve from CALMINI answers here is my 2 cents. If any thing is wrong... please correct me Steve.

NED946 from SCCX has the first production model. On one of our xcursions I asked him the same thing. NO. frown
The bumper mounts in three locations. Two locations are standard for the stock bumper. The third location is the mounting location of the spare tire winch. The spare tire and lowering winch is removed and the CALMINI rear bumper is attached with a support from the middle of the bumper to the former location of the spare tire. IMHO this increases the rear bumper mounting strength by 50%. laugh

I would have liked to keeped by 31" tire under the vehicle for normal day's(easy access to cargo area)....then bolted the tire carrier on and mounted the spare on it for more underbody clearance during off roading xcursions... but this is a stronger set-up for a bumper. Which is probable a better trade off. smile

Please correct me Steve(CALMINI) if any thing is wrong...

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860