Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Just adding a clarification that the Bryan references, and the HooHaa references, are to the same party....Bryan makes the HooHaa's.

laugh

Interestingly, when a town that the Vagina Monologues was playing at, posted a complaint, saying that the Name "Vagina Monologues" was unacceptable...they changed the name of the show, to

"The HooHaa Monologues"

Apparently, HooHaa is another word for Vagina, a different kind of center link.

laugh
Yep, I'm Bryan and hoohaa. But I'm not a HooHaa. haha!

Guys thanks for the kind words. I've sold centerlinks to a few of you guys in this thread. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I wanted to be more specific about what I do do my centerlinks. The first step is removing the old ball joints, which are the weak point in Nissan's design. After removing the ball joints I weld in special mild steel sleeves that have been machined to the proper ID to receive two teflon lined spherical bearings. The bearings are pressed in and then the centerlinks are painted black.

It's not that complicated, but it does require lots of running around and parts sourcing if you want to do it yourself. I started offering these when my centerlink failed in a major way after a hill climb with the front locker engaged. My truck was so pigeon toed after that little gem of an idea my tires would squeel loudly driving in a straight line on the pavement. I parked my truck for about a month while I researched centerlink mods. I found some good info from TK1 over on N4W about modding centerlinks with spherical bearings, and I decided to give it a try. When I had the sleeves machined the machinist told me that the more I bought the cheaper they would be, so I bought quite a few, thinking I could mod centerlinks for friends on Texas Nissan Trucks.

At that time I didn't mass produce centerlinks since L&P was already doing a fine job of that. A few months ago when L&P stopped building centerlinks I stepped up and started offering to build centerlinks for everyone. There was quite a bit of demand at first, so much so that I quickly ran out of centerlinks to mod. Things are calming down now, I have more cores, and I have more time since I finished school in June.

You guys might see banners for my centerlinks on this site soon. I've been talking with Carlton about becoming a sponsor and having a banner ad up. Since I don't have a website yet I don't really have anywhere for a banner to link. I'm working on that and I hope to have a site up soon.

For now, here's some pictures for you guys showing modded CLs, painted and not:

I'm currently selling kits for $225 shipped. I charge a $100 core deposit for those who don't have a centerlink to send in advance.

Kits come with all hardware necessary, which includes two grade 8 bolts, two grade 8 castle nuts, four grade 8 hardened washers, and cotter pins. All the hardware is nicely zinc plated.