Quote:
Originally posted by calmini:
Schlud, not exactly sure what your problem is, but please call me directly if I can help. No, Ian does not do our PR. But, I'm sure he'd be of the same attitude toward anything he believes in. He's direct - and so am I. He likes our program, and I'm proud of that.

I don't have a problem with Calmini, Steve. I was just voicing my opinion about Ian's shotgun style defense of your company.

He tends to make blanket statements which attack both the people who would like to see a good product come out, and those who are just bitching.

I suggested this latest forum because I didn't see any good coming out of Ian acting as the mouthpiece for your company or any others (there's too much hostility between certain people on this board for that to work efficiently. I felt it would be better to hear directly from the manufacturer's mouths, and was hoping it would bring more owners into contact with you.

Thanks for jumping into the fray! laugh

(Just a note for Ian. I don't think the "you've only had 2 years expeience with your Xterra" argument is holding too much water with people here. Anyone with a 2000 Xterra that offroads has as much experience with this vehicle as anyone else. Yes, you might have more experience in terms of offroading, but how many rear bumpers have you completely rebuilt? My point being everyone has bits of knowledge in specific parts of their trucks. That's why we have all these web sites so we can share with other owners and build the knowledge base.

Discounting those opinions doesn't make for better products. And no I don't have any problem with you correcting misinformation that is out there. I just think Steve is a better person to do that.

BTW It's all Peckhams fault.