Quote:
Originally posted by DesertRouX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Svendog:
[b]Two things...
1) Spencer is doing a lot of this on own. So, please cut him some slack. but he needs a life too and like all of us, some things do take longer to complete.
With all do respect, who cares. It is not some buddy doing a favor. It is a man running a business. When it all comes down to it and money is exchanged for a good or service, I can personally give a shit about his "personal life". I want what was paid for and communication in regards to any problems with my order. I do not run business like that I expect the same level of professionalism from who I do business with as well. Excuses are just that, excuses.[/b]
I absolutely agree, there is no excuse for the way he is doing business. If he is short on people, then hire someone, child labor or whatever, just get the damn parts to his customers. There is no reason to make customers wait weeks, or months. I am used to the waiting now, but the way he ignores me is totally ridiculous. He told me the shocks would be shipped by the start of the week, but I haven't gotten any sort of email confirmation from UPS as of now... When I email him, I never get a reply...

I just want what I paid for...