Quote:
Originally posted by Herk:
...(Calmini) said that the idler arm assembly needed to be greased as often as you change your motor oil or at least every 3000 to 3500K miles on vehicles with suspension lifts. They said if you didn't re-grease it often that the bushings would wear out and fast due to the added stress of the suspension lift.......
Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
The only option we have is to maintain the idler arm with lots of grease. Rotate it if you can. Replace the bronze bushings as necessary.
Ok, so I bought and installed my Steering System in June '05, knowing some people had problems, but also having been told by Calmini (and reading what was posted here) that
Quote:
the idler arm assembly needed to be greased at least every 3000 or 3500K miles on vehicles with suspension lifts.
and about 3 months later with just one (that's one) wheeling trip (ECXC) and greasing the bushing every 3000 miles - worn idler arm bushing...

Quote:
From the Calmini Website Steering System Page This system is a new, complete replacement set designed to correct the chronic problem of a worn idler arm and center drag link...The new idler arm rides on full replacement 3/4" pivot bracket using a much enlarged friction surface a durable Bronze bushing. Bracing
Note the use of the phrases " correct the chronic problem of a worn idler arm " and " a durable Bronze bushing."

So what we have here is a clear case of False Advertising, since we have here an 11 page thread about people's bushings wearing in what is clearly a chronic problem of a worn idler arm...
so after spending ~$500 on a steering system which does not perform as clearly advertised, I have to pay for the production of new bushings and the machining of the provided Idler arm...

So can anyone explain why Calmini is still selling the same steering system as before without fixing anything, but describing in it's ad on it's webpage that it This system is simple, durable, completely serviceable, and requires no modification to stock parts or vehicle.