I think creasing the ends to provide bracing would help to a large degree...I believe the problem was the compromise between the production costs and clearance/matching adjacent plate height/profiles - and strengthening with creases.

The answer may be to flute the central part of the plates, especially where edge bends are impractical...this would of course increase cost...but increase protection as well.

The ends of the exposed frame horns took a licking, and are no longer square...So I do need a front plate from the bumper down to the S-R front plate at the cross member.

I was surprised at the hole in the gas skid..that got punched out pretty cleanly for a typical rock whack.

Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to straighten these puppies out again...and reinforce them to withstand my trade mark slow and gentle glide over the rocks. wink

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif