A couple of months ago I reported on Elephant Hill that is scheduled to be run on Thursday. Even though the goneMoab website claims that it is a 4, I think it has been maintained to the point that it is a 3.5

Anyways, the reason for this post is that an alternate in running the trail in one day (which includes the side trip to the confluence) is to consider staying Thursday night at Devil's Kitchen. This is my favorite camping spot in Moab and is located 2 miles from an amazing sun rise. Staying the night will also give us time to go down SOB hill and over to the Joint Trail, which ends at Chestler Park (the infamous Needles are at Chestler Park.)

If we are hoping to stay the night at Devil's Kitchen we need to start making reservations soon. I have no problem making the reservations ($30 per reservation with 3 vehicles allowed per spot and 10 people max) but need to know how many people are interested in staying the night. http://www.nps.gov/cany/reserve.htm

There will be certain events missed in Moab on Thursday night but we will be back in Moab by the Friday night video/pix slide show.

As mentioned before, dogs are not allowed in the park.

Carlton/Doug... let me know your thoughts on this. Hope we can be helpful in this part of gone.

Robert