Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike in NRH:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]Ok, do a search, you will get the same advice from me as every other person that wants to turbo an X. Don't come here expecting us to "atta-boy" pat you on the back...it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Go out, spend the coin, and prove us wrong...If you look @ the 4x4 section you'll see a sticky about converting a 2wd to a 4wd, it was always said that it was too pricey, yada yada yada, well we were proved wrong, and it became a sticky.
So go out, spend the coing, prove us wrong, but until then [Save the fine unicorns]

ETA: fucking noobs
I didn't see where he asked you for your advice. Seems you gave that away pretty much freely. Here, I'll do the same. If you don't want to add something meaningful or constructive to a topic, then don't post. Move along. Pretty simple really.[/b]
You have a lot to learn about this board padawan.[/b]
Actually, I think I was pretty much spot on. This post (topic and subsequent responses) pretty much confirms it. The feeling I get, and a lot of other Xterra owners get, is that this board is over-run with a bunch of 4x4-centric hicks who like nothing better than to post about why this or that application or device sucks because it would get broken or hung up off road, or because it serves no real purpose on the trail, or simply that this has been posted about before and likewise dismissed before so do a search, all the while forgetting that this is neither a Xterra 4x4 board, or that not everyone buys second rate IFS SUVs (less so with the 2nd gen wink ) just to make a hobby (and significant personal investment) into making up for Nissan's obvious 'design oversights' - which are many, if you only see your rig as a Jeep rival.

And finally - while I've not wasted an entire 5+ years on this board, it doesn't take long to figure out what made of. I came here about a year ago looking for information on fog lights (of all things) and I personally could care less about the 4x4 capabilities of my truck. I do however care about getting to and from the trail head, with a trailer in tow, and a kayak or bike attached. I can't get that kind of utility out of a Honda Civic, and that's in a nutshell why I own a Nissan Xterra. It's also why I didn't buy a Jeep Rubicon or any other vehicle specifically designed around it's 4x4 capabilities. So to posters (and readers) like me, give us a break. Let us read redundant posts in peace. You don't see me getting on one of the 8 million Shrockworks bumper install posts and screaming "do a search, this topic has been posted 8 million times already" do you?

Edit: spelling for smart 4x4-centric hicks that caught it.