Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
stormy,

How does your truck run with the motor mods w/o the NOS?

May I ask how much that ran you?

thanks,
Stone
The truck runs great. The cams didn't do as much as I had hoped, but I did notice a difference. My guess is like 10 real hp (not like an intake 10 hp gain) Mainly notice it going uphills. A lot less effort to move the truck. One hill by my house I always take in third gear with the gas pedal 3/4 to the floor. Now, less than 1/2 to the floor to get the same acceleration uphill. If I could do it over, mostlikly would have gone with bigger cams. The plus is that with the 256/425 cam, the idle is perfect. On very cold days (below 10 degree days)it can be rough until it warms up. I haven't had any emission lights go on as of yet.

My setup before the cams/NOS: Stillen intake, flowmaster 50 series single/dual system, removed the clutch fan and have a flex-a-lite installed, 8.5mm wires.

I had the cam/crank seals, timing belt, ac/alt/ps belts, Tensioner Stud, Tensioner Spring, thermostat (went with the t-stat from the SC - runs 10 degrees cooler), Water Pump, cams (256/425), lifters, and all gaskets replaced, NOS (p/n nos-05130) fogger system installed, Filled the NOS tank (10lbs).
Total parts and labor/tuning(not including cams, lifter, t-stat, and NOS kit)
$1587.94