I average 20 mpg.

I have full armor and 3" SL/2" BL on 33x12.5's.

I took off the froo froo roof plastic crap.

I run full synthetic lubes, even wheel packings.

I keep the tires at about 36 psi.

I have a 5 spd.

I drive the load not the speedo.

I correct my mileage for the fact that my speedo and odometers are off due to the 33's vs stock tire diameters...if I don't correct for that, I'd think I went a shorter distance than I did between tanks, making me underestimate my mpg....

And I correct for the fact that if my speedometer is telling me I'm going 60 mph, I'm actually going 70 mph (GPS).

So - W/O correcting for the larger tires, I'd drive faster (Which lowers mpg by ALOT), and, insult to injury...I'd think I went fewer miles than I actually had driven (Which lowers what I THOUGHT the mpg was...).

laugh

Most of the people with really dismal mpg that I know forget that their speedometer is off....and drive as if the speedometer was right....killing their mpg.

laugh

For example, I have to multiply my miles and my speed by 1.17 to correct for the gauge errors...

If The speedo says I'm doing 60mph...I take that times 1.17 = 70 mph....and slow down if I wanted to actually go 60 mph....and

...If I get 308 miles on an 18 gallon fill up...I'd do the math and think I got 17 mpg...average for the board...but...

If I multiply the 308 by 1.17, I get more like 360 miles on that 18 gal fill up...or, about 20 mpg.

I keep track of mileage and gas used for work (I get reimbursed) laugh because I sort of off road for a living...or the fun part of it anyway....

So I have pretty accurate long term records...which I think are more accurate than a one tank measurement...as in having say a 20 thousand mile record that required 1,000 gallons of gas, etc.

I CAN drop my mpg down into the teens, even mid-teens, if I drive stupid.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif