Quote:
Originally posted by joe johnson:
to the guy running on 32's with a 1.5inch lift. How is that treating you? Where did you get the lift?
Its not that I do rock crawling but I do some slick rock driving up in sedona and moab; Im in arizona; so almost any trail here involves some sort of rock crawling.
How good is the crawl ratio. In my current jeep in 4wheel low and 1st gear I cant even make the spedo begin to move off of 5mph. Is the x's comparable?
The 1.5 inch lift runs 50-150 dollars.. If you off road as much as you do, i would do the 50 dollar shackles in the back. and crank the tortion bars in the front. that will allow you to articulate much more in the rear. You also should disconnect your rear swar bar. the 32's give you a little more ground clearance, which looks nice, and is pretty effective.

I dont do much rock crawling, but ill climb up over rock stairs and similar type situations to continue on trails. I dont have much trouble, if you have a stick, you might burn up some clutch, cause the low range is low, but not really low. At idle you would probably be moving close to 2 mph.

You can get the new gears to really lower the ratio. That runs a little over $1000. I have not done that, and dont plan to. The low range is low enough for my purposes.

Does that cover it? I really dont think you will be disapointed, like i said, for $50 and a little manual labor, you can improve the X a great deal.. Tires are a must though, most X's new or used have some pretty crappy tires on them.