Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
[b]Because the new upper a-arms are shaped differently than the factory ones to allow for more travel, they are also a slight bit longer.

I questioned AC about their kit as well as MANY others did when it came out about the travel and such...was that a bad thing? I am not "in bed" with anyone(except my wife), I sell some of AC's parts and they sell mine...is that a bad thing to increase my sales?
I just remember how your tune changed about AC when it was discovered by accident that the lift that you are selling is infact a repackaged AC lift.

If in fact you are now using new longer/differant shaped UCA's for for increased tire drop I can see a problem. With allowing more tire drop the problem can be heard with a loud crack as your CV joint explodes.

We have seen it before here on this board where people with the lifts* that are on the market now have nuked their CV due to it binding. So if you are infact getting more drop from the front end via a new UCA then I hope you bring extra half shafts so that you can replace them when you granade them on the trail.

Note: *although I think the only people that have done this have been running the AC lift - The same lift that is notorious for killing the EOE tie rod centerlinks. Someone correct me if I am wrong.[/b]
Oh I will correct you:

For one their have only been two reported cv failures that I know of..one was Pikachu who was not running a lift and Stormy who had the AC lift so where are all these mysterious blown cv's?

There have been three people who have damaged an EOE tie rod adjuster, two of them had worn centerlinks with one that was hitting the frame and one worn so bad he broke two stock Nissan adjusters on the same trip. The other was Xtoolbox in which he was getting winched across the Golden Crack when he thought he damaged them. Out of over 200 sets that's not bad especially considering the circumstances, two out of the three people bought replacements...Gator is doing a solid axle swap.

I never hid the fact that I was selling AC's suspension lift, I use the same pictures from their website.

So it seems you must be agreeing with 4wd and Sport Utility magazine about no additional travel with the Calmini lift or are you carrying extra cv shafts? Does anyone have the August issue of that magazine, the online version is not the full article?
EOE...Opening Soon!