Hello all you X owners. I'm glad to have found a forum where I can poll for ideas and then be able share our thoughts. Anyhow, pretty new to the board. I found myself looking for answers that no one could provide and I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 2001 silver XE Xterra with about 31K milage. I was looking to install the BFG 31 /10.5 /15's however, I still have about 7k before I have to replace the originals stock tires. So it might be a good idea to install a lift kit before installing the above mentioned tires. Here's my confusion.... where do I start?? Can someone please explain how to go about lifting my X as if I was a 3 year old. Please include costs, pros and cons, how it will affect my gas milage, will I be able to get into parking lot garages, and any other question you might of asked before lifting your X. I would love to share and draw from your experiences. I will probably have to take it to a shop for installation since I do not have the time nor the tools. I would greatly appreciate anyone who could shed some light on this topic or point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Your inquiring X owner.