Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
And just to post whore a little bit...

JP Online "Lamest 4x4 Products Ever" article

Quote:
[b]Revolving Wacky Shackles
Revolvers, or any homebuilt wacky shackle. Gawd, makes us just want to turn around if we get behind a guy running these things on the trail because of how many driveshafts we've seen bind and spit out on their behalf-especially while climbing a ledge. They unload and cause the springs to jack, sending the rear pinion toward the floor and the front toward the ground, negating any traction the tires may get. Just a bad idea all around unless all you care about is RTI ramp scores.
[/b]
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
.....All a revolver would have done in that situation is give the appearance of traction by letting the tire hang down. It wouldn't have done anything else.

Ugg. I'm through with this. If someone wants a revolver shackle, then please, go spend $150+ for a pair. At the same time, be sure to pick up the other offroading "upgrades" to the Xterra, such as the street "beadlocks", and brushguards. They all do about the same offroad, so you don't want to forget anything.

:p
Great posts. However, common sense is not prevailing on this issue. I've got to give porsche some credit for trying.

These are things that revolvers have been blamed for:

* Ruined leaf springs
* Rollovers
* Body damage
* Spring hanger damage

They have also been almost universally maligned by all respected 4x4 publications.

I understand that they probably have a very slight advantage in certain scenarios. However, on this issue, the cons out weigh the pros by a long shot. I looked into this product about two years ago and decided it would be detrimental to my vehicle.