I just got off the phone with Shawn Gibson at Gibson performance. He did in fact recieve all of your responces and appreciates that there is a market for headers for the X. Unfortunately he stated that his business is distributer driven. So far the only distributer that he has had any significant requests for headers has been SLR.

He does recognize that there is a demand but so far being limited basically to the internet and not the distributers that he talks to on a day to day basis. He also told me that they have actually only done one V6 header that he knows of so one for the X is going to take a significant ammount of R&D and they have many other jobs that need to come first. Ultimately , it comes to this; people who modify the X fall into a niche market. As usaul noone is in a huge hurry to manufacture something that isn't going to sell enough to justify the costs associated with it.

But there is hope. I'm going up there in the next couple of weeks. They're going to look it over to see if it's something that they determine can in fact be doable. He said he has to get some other things off their plate now and looks at this more as an elective project. But he hasn't lost interest. He said he's looking in the four to six month range.

Once a prototype is done he wants it driven daily for a few weeks up to a couple of months forlong term testing. Engine lights, real performance gains , durability ect. some of the things he wants to look at.

I haven't given up. He likes Spencer and wants to do this for him and his customers. He seems like he's genuinely interested but it's going to take some time. And maybe a little more prodding.
laugh