Quote:
Originally posted by Editor X:
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
[b]OK...so the process continues...purchased these today: weld in shock studs...

and will be used for the upper mounts...now I have to pick out the exact shocks that I will be using and smooth out the metal around the brace that that the spare was mounted too...have removed all the excess steel that was there to provide the spare bracing via grinder and sawzall...It is coming along....slowly but steadily....
Spalind,
I just talked to those guys about their upper mounts. You are going to be limited on your shock selection now as the mount side of the bolt is 5/8". The high end shocks like RaceRunners and Fox have 1/2" heims on the ends to the won't fit. Check your shocks before you buy so you don't end up screwing yourself.[/b]
Hmmm...they were so cheap I didn't even check that...2 questions though...couldn't you just use a spacer to make up the difference between the 5/8 and 1/2?? and secondly...any idea on what size the Bilstein 7100's run?? That would make the decision easy for me...right size and lesser cost....though if the spacer possibility is available...then I'm back at square one in trying to decide between brands of shocks..... laugh