Quote:
Originally posted by Synchro:
SLR could have picked anyone of the hard core guys on the boards and had close to or the same results they are going to get with XOC.

I don't really see your point since none of the other "hard core" guys own a board on which to put ads. As BP said, they traded it for ad space. But this I do know: some of the "hard core" guys on this board have already bad mouthed SLR for different reasons. Some of those reasons I'm sure are justified, but justified or not, to SLR (or any other company on the planet) it's a business decision. They aren't going to give free stuff to someone who's spreading bad press about their price hikes or the problems with their steering stabilizer.

I'm not saying that Ian's not going to be objective about his review. I'm just saying they aren't going to start giving free stuff to guys talking bad from the beginning. And don't get pissed at me--I just know how business looks at the sponsorship game.

I'm guessing SLR's lift is good stuff and they know it. I think they gave it to Ian knowing he'll be happy with it and will hopefully give it a good review. Then they get some ad space out of it too and everyone is happy.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4