WOW, This really is some good reading. Maybe a little redundant here and there, but I never gave the issue so much thought. Trust me , I'm no physics major and I'm still kind of new to the whole 4WD thing. How much differance are we talking about here at the point of traction loss? Are we splitting hairs?
I think the truck would roll before it reached this point, but the further down the tire and axle hung, doesn't the wieght of it increase therefore acting a little like a counter balance that would potentially prevent rolling until the driver could correct?
If there's a question of traction, the vehicle wieght is transfered from the drooping tire to ...where? the opposing tire? the front of the truck? Are not 3 tires effective in most situations? If the wieght is shifted to the compressed tire, doesn't that improve traction on that tire?
If Articulation=Droop
Droop= Loss of traction
Loss of traction = BAD
could that logic be carried to the front end?
SAS=Articulation
Articulation=Droop...Etc.,etc.
Really, I am learning a lot here. Sadly I'm on a gov't computer that won't allow me to view the video, but I will at the first oppertunity.
In general, I agree that traction is definetly lost at or just before the Revolver opens (see picture below) But, in my expieriance, with front and rear lockers, I get all the traction I need...Ofcourse, there aren't too many 'serious' trails around here and finding a good rock garden isn't always easy :rolleyes:

VAXC PIX

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA