I see some confusion.

The rear sway bar (Anti-sway bar actually...) is SUPPOSED to make the rear end swing out less on hard turns.

It does do that...but, its a very slight effect. Most people who have driven with and w/o it cannot tell the difference.

I can tell, on decreasing radius turns at speed, it leans a hair more...that's about it. (A hair)

When the sway bar is connected, it hits the rear passenger side shock on droop, denting it...and, preventing full droop, by limiting the rear axle movement as well.

So - removing the rear sway bar has essentially NO impact on on-road driving...

and

a HUGE improvement in Off-road performance.

I tried a disconnect at first, but it just wasn't worth it to me...so the bar went into the garage next to all the plastic crap I took off of the roof, and the mud flaps, and the stock step rails, etc....

laugh

I don't have a front sway bar either...but, I find the FRONT bar makes a BIG difference in handling, and removing the front bar makes the handling much more sloppy on-road.

Off road, the front bar is only slightly limiting, so removing it is only a slight off road benefit.

Hope that helps.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif