Quote:
Originally posted by cirelan:
Kudos to those who made their own BL kit...

I'm interested in ~1in BL only (I think someone here did 1.25in), but not interested in taking the time to make my own pucks and track down all the hardware.

So, my question is could you take the AC 2in BL kit and simply cut the pucks down from 2in to 1in [ThumbsUp] ? Would there be problems with the bolts in the kit being too long then [ThumbsDown] ? Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Why just 1"? 2" is great and very easy. Everything is established for a 2" BL like the Shrockworks 2" BL versions of bumpers and sliders. Plus, will just 1" give you enough to run 33's?

But to answer your question, cutting is not necessary. Just buy These 1" pucks. Then get bolts 1" shorter than the ones we have listed for the 2" BL. (page 3 of this thread near the bottom). Then you'll really save some cash. Don't waste your money modifying the AC kit.

1" = 25.4mm. The M12 x 1.25 bolts I got for the 2" BL were 170mm. So the ones you would get for 1" would just need to be 145mm. Likewise, the M10 x 1.25 x 160 bolts would need to be only 135mm. The 7/16" ones 5" long (grade 8) and the safety loop bolts that are M10 x 1.25 x 80mm on the 2" would translate into M10 x 1.25 x 55mm. You get the idea now.

All those in those lengths you need for 1" would be a bit easier to find than the ones I got (but were not that hard to find anyway). A trip to the hardware store, ordering the pucks online and maybe ordering the metric bolts is super easy and totally worth saving $100 or more!