Cyclemut, I can't be certain that the spring rates are different, but that's what my dealership's parts manager said. I'm reasonably sure he's not messing with me, he's a bit of an enthusiast, what with his own lifted and otherwise modified X and all. And the Factory bars (his old ones) are specifically labelled "left" and "right". I know that the dealership should have re-indexed them, but they're not all that interested. Perhaps once it has sagged more, and they're unable to level it out any other way?

At this point, I'm really wanting to go with the other bars. It's just that I have to choose.

Calmini.
Plus: good reputation, local
Minus: blue, smaller diameter than other options ( I believe I was told 27mm), out of stock not expected for 2 weeks

Nissan Motorsports from Xterraparts.com
Plus: Nissan approved, largest diameter (27.48mm)
Minus: Shipping $, why are they different from the ones in my dealer's catalog?

Nissan Motorsports from my dealer
Plus: No shipping $, stay on good terms with my dealer (as if they care)
Minus: why are they different from the ones in my dealer's catalog? Roughly 1mm smaller than Xterraparts.com's bars (~26.5mm)

All are about the same in cost.

I'm also thinking of trying to get some "Goodwill" from my dealer. Something along the lines of I buy the bars, they put them in. I figure it's worth a shot. I think I'm going to have my wife express to them her displeasure with the situation, which is considerable (arguably as much or more than my own). What do you think my chances are there?

Thanks for all the input so far, I'll let you know what I decided.

MV