This weekend I finally got the Bilsteins installed! I was skeptical at first, but man, what a difference! SLR did right to recommend 20% up front, OE in rear; It feels great! laugh Handling is even improved, practially eliminated the "boat-like" swaying! These Bils run very smooth! I'm practically seeking out bumps and washboard roads now! Together with the new Bridgestone Revo tires it feels like I'm driving a whole new truck!
Pretty easy to install as well. Took the better part of a morning but I was solo, taking my time, and being very meticulous. And since you can get a torque wrench for ~$10 there is no need NOT to have one.
It would be interesting to compare these to another brand. Back in the early 90's my dad put some Monroe's on our 4-runner. Talk about BONE-JARRING! [Freak] It felt like they had to have been >50% stiffer! Riders in the back would almost hit their heads on the roof! Small bumps always caused a collective "Uh,Oh!" *BUMP* "Moan".
If you are riding the fence on getting Bilsteins, I say spend the extra few $$ and DO IT! You will be happy! laugh