Thanks for the calm reply Pacopico. Some are quick to point out ignorance rather to help guide and educate the new and uninformed. I fit into both of the aforementioned categories and I'm grateful for your patience.

I'm not planning to race the Xterra, but living in Wisconsin, our ambient temp can range from -10 to 97. I adhere to a strict maintenance schedule, running Mobile One 5w-30 which I change every 3,000 and only run 93 octane.

Ian and a few others have drilled into me the fact that experts have engineered the Xterra. I admit that I know little about auto mechanics, and even less about SUVs / off-roading. Who am I to change what the experts have deemed as optimal? My main reason for buying it was to get away from the 4 cylinder “economy cars” that I’ve been driving for the past ten years. I wanted the Xterra for it’s for cargo capacity, towing ability, style, and driving in Wisconsin a winter.

While I may be a lower risk with the pulley modification, it is still not something that I should go into without a greater deal of research. Upon further thought, I think I'm going to take my time on this modification in order to wait and see what happens to others before I attempt it.

I'm a computer nerd, not a motorhead but even I know that replacing an overclocked a CPU is far less expensive than replacing an over driven engine!

I’ll stick with my plans to install my boost gauge and get to know my engine for a while wile I monitor others who perform the modification.

Thanks again!

Spence