I always said that I would post new and cool news here first:

Ricky Johnson Returns To Championship Off Road Racing

Newport Beach, Ca. (February 5 , 2007) - Ricky Johnson announced Saturday night in front of a packed Supercross crowd at Anaheim Stadium, that he would be returning to Championship Off Road Racing. Johnson, a Baja, Supercross and one time CORR™ Pro 2™ Champion, has joined Baldwin Racing. Returning to the track for the full 2007 CORR™ season, Johnson, who provides color commentary for the CORR televised broadcasts, will be stepping out from behind the microphone and into an 850 horsepower Baldwin Racing prepared Pro 2™ truck.

“Driving the trucks for the television broadcast reminded me how intense it is competing in this series,” said Rick Johnson. “When I had the chance to race in last years Jason Baldwin Memorial Cup, I realized that I needed to get back into a full time ride.”

Along with his 1998 CORR™ Pro 2™ Championship, Johnson also has earned seven AMA/Supercross and motocross championships and multiple SCORE Baja 500 and 1000 victories in both motorcycle and truck classes. Johnson has also raced in the NASCAR Craftsmen Truck Series, ASA Pike’s Peak Hill Climb and was named 1999 ASA Stock Car Series Rookie of the Year.

“CORR racing combines the high flying excitement of Supercross with the door slamming action of stock car racing,” said Johnson. “To me, it is the most exciting form of racing out there right now and I can’t wait to get back into it. There’s nothing you can’t do in a CORR™ truck.”

Johnson joins Pro 4™ driver Josh Baldwin to form a formidable alliance for the upcoming 2007 CORR series. “With all of his experience, Ricky brings an incredible amount of talent and knowledge to the team,” declared Baldwin. “With him driving the Pro 2™ and myself in Pro 4™, Baldwin Racing is looking to make an impact this season.”

Baldwin Racing competes professionally in the Championship Off Road Racing series as well as the premier Trophy Truck class in the SCORE International desert racing series.

For more information please contact:
Patrick Wagenbrenner
(714) 392-3679
patrick@baldwinracing.net