With my move to my new house behind me, the focus has turned to the X again. I have been working with Cobb tuning on all the programing issues, and feel that those problems are behind us now.

Cobb says that it will still be awhile before the ECU for Xterra's come out. They plan to finish the Titan ECU first then do the Xterra. Drop them a line and express your interest, if you want them to focus on the Xterra one. Show them there is the demand for the Xterra ECU.

I found that the front diff had blown apart at speed, destroying everything inside, even the housing was trash. A new one is in route as I write.

BitD has ruled that the new tubular arm is and will remain illegal for class 3100. I will have no choice but to go back to the stock arm again. After their ruling and me talking to Nissan we decided to stay in class 3100 and go for the title for '07, but move to class 3000 for '08.

This is the first race that I have really got the test time in that is needed to hammer out the bugs that come with a new vehicle. Reflecting on this last year, I realize where we made our mistake, costing the Xterra to not finish the first 2 races. What we did wrong, was trying to do away with all the extra computor controled items. With Nissan's new electronics you must keep everything in place and intregated together for the system to work. The "keep it simple" method does not work here. The first races have to be chaulked up as just test time.

For the most part the Xteeraracer has the suspension dialed in now, the over heating is gone now, we have tire testing results now, we know what the weak links are in the front end, so now we can go to the race knowing exactly what to expect from the Xterra. I have logged 500 miles of seat time and know it will react to most terrain now. All of this is good!

The race is Oct.14 just 15 miles south of Vegas. It is a multi-lap event, which is good for watching and for pitting. Again I could use help, if anyone wants to help just drop me a line.

Wish me luck, and thanks for your support!