You know I don't recall any bad hit, although Daryl whom rode with me said we hit a rock pretty hard.

There was so many rocks out there on that section! I counted 7 discarded trash tire/wheels in my little walk down the coarse.

Like Robert said those tires can take a beating. We ran through that section at a very fast pace. When coming up on DesertDoug we were running close to 70MPH, I knew something was wrong as the X had become a handful to keep straight. So I decided to stop and ask him if we had a flat. Thats when we found we had a broken axle. Knowing the design here we knew it would not be able to continue.

This area was so rough I had a hard time walking on it after I got out of the X. The rocks were loose and enbedded in hard pack, ranging from baseball size to basketball. And most everyone was runnming up this road at 60-70MPH!!!!

The X most definely was working better than ever before as we had no problem catching up to the JeepSpeed class this race. Last race the front end seemed to be our weak link, but this time it was the rear end.

Every time you strengthen a design or part it forces some other place to become the weak link. We will work this out well before the start of the season. TEST, TEST, TEST, and more TESTING!