Dave's personal report:

This past weekend the Nissan Xterra had a good run going at the BITD Terrible's 250, until 10 miles from the end of lap 2. We broke the driver lower A-arm, tie rod end and bent the upper A-arm. We had all the parts with us to fix it and we did. Only to not be allowed to start our 3rd lap. I know we were running a strong second when this broke as Falkowsky was 15 miles behind us according to Iritrack. Falkowsky went by and ended up getting to start his 3rd lap. Rod Hall was about 15 miles ahead of the Xterra when it broke. Hall took 1st, Falkowsky 2nd, I believe we got 4th.

The new SUPERIOR rear end parts worked flawless!!! The 4.56 ratio allowed us to pull all the gears. At one point the Iritrack showed us at 116MPH. I know I caught and passed Jeepspeeds on the dry lake. The SPAL fans kept everything in check. We had no over heating issues what so ever. We now need to have COBB change the ECU so we don't get a top speed cut out. Another race with no flats on those Goodyear MTRs!

I am displaying at the Off-Road EXPO this weekend in SLC. The Xterra will be in the KC HiLiTES booth. They wanted it just like it finished the race. So I garaged it dirty just like it finished.

I am thinking about running a BORE race the following weekend after the show. I want to do some shock valving changes. I feel I can only get true result from a real race situation. Plus the X was still running strong at the end of the Terrible's 250. I have a long down time before the V2R in August.