I know I am likely to get flamed... but here goes...

I went to Tierra del Sol run this weekend... 1500 registered vehicles motly jeeps but not one other Xterra. What gives? Is this event not cool? I went with my two other friends they are Jeep owners. But the common thread is we like to go places and put our vehicles to the test.

The organizers don't discriminate by vehicle. Do XOC members? With the numbers of members in the club I imagine there would be a significant contingent that could attend this event. It was well organized and fun...

Naively I expected to see the one and only Southern California Calmini SAS, no luck. How are we supposed to see the new stuff?I know someone will likely tell me to go to an Xterra only event, but how does that show the rest of the world our vehicles are capable? That may not really be necessary or the point but it was nice to be halfway into the run and have built up jeeps giving me the thumbs up and having other know what we all know...

The Xterra is a capable vehicle. A worthy Vehicle.

Should we not do more to show that? Is it not our duty as X owners to show the 4x4 world it is not exclusive to Jeeps? Come on X owners rise up!

I am not trying to start a flame session just merely wondering, in an event of this scope why there are not more X's there?

Maybe it is the location? Anyway any insight would be appreciated...

Maybe I should dump my life long friends and hang out with some XOC guys...

But why can't we just all get along?
--
jrc