I in now way want to start any argument here but if that's the only criteria, why bother?

I would guess that the Full Traction Jeepspeed has 40-50k in parts and labor into it if you or I were building it. I think that it's going to get even ore expensive with Jeepseed allowing Grands, Honchos and other V8 trucks into the series' open class.

Honestly, my nature would only allow me to be competitive or not do it at all. If I wanted to go trail ride the course, I could do that when there isn't a race going on. You could do that in anything. But if I did it, I would have to build something that I knew would wtihstand the rigors of racing and put me towards the front of the pack in my class.

There is a huge difference in the wear and tear on a vehicle when you are comparing merely driving a course and racing it. And it takes a huge toll. You also have to consider your personal safety and just barely getting it done might get you killed.

I would never want to spend just enough to be an alsoran.