Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:

That is a completely wrong statement... The reason for the ats is to read what the air temp going into the air intake.[b]Into the air intake
... get it. with the air temp sensor not connected, how is it taking an accurate reading??? The slr IS taking readings from INSIDEthe filter.
The way that HKS has the set up is pulling outside air temp through the fender, tricking the air sensor the the air temp is cooler than is actually is! Please tell me how, given what you are saying is remotly true, is it taking proper and accurate readings??? This should be good :rolleyes:[/b]

The air temp under the hood is pretty much the same as the intake charge. When you go to the open filter element, air is not coming from outside the engine compartment. Same old heat soaked air. It would be interesting to have something like this Dyno tested though. Maybe the air moving by the sensor acts in some way to give a cooler reading? I'm pretty sure the results would be negligible. smile

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: CharlieH ]

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart