I've searched exhaustively for this but so far can't seem to find anyone who has the same symptoms under the same conditions. This sounds like a much heavier rattle than lifters or a heat shield, noises I'm somewhat familiar with from owning a Miata...

At idle, I can hear a slight knocking noise. I crawled under the truck to listen while it was idleing in neutral and it seems like it may be coming from the bellhousing area, but it's hard to tell. If I rev the engine with the clutch in, such as taking off away from a stop, the noise is much louder and almost sounds to me like an engine that is low on oil (checked that, it wasn't). It makes the sound between 500 - 2000 RPM in idle, first, and second gears, but I don't hear it in the higher gears. I thought that it might be a low oil pressure issue, but then I think it wouldn't matter what gear it was in?

Somewhat worried that my new-to-me truck might be ready to throw a rod, I asked a local Nissan dealer and was told that it didn't sound like an internal engine problem, but maybe a loose flexplate. :rolleyes: Maybe he meant flywheel...

I tried unplugging the EVAP solonoid as per the TSB that I found on here, but the noise is still present and doesn't seem to be coming from that area of the truck at all.

Anyone have any new ideas?

Thanks in advance.