Yes, have him do it every weekend. My story....

I purchased my Xterra early on, in May 05. Did my first Gone. While the slickrock is sticky, spinning tires is rare, or limited. I have seen people whip vehicles to death on ledges beyond there capability in Moab, but as an older, more conservative 4x4 veteran, I dont on easy, sticky Moab trails. The truck bottoms out so bad I am greatly concerned about other construction, and I see some terrifying wear on older Xterras, including week front clips, suspension and engine mounts. But have nothing to worry about yet.

Feb 06, I do a trip to Baja. By now reports of mostly blown front diffs are starting to come in. The trip trashes stuff on the truck and much of my camping gear due to the bottoming out design flaw. I park the truck until it can be fixed when I get home. I also get 5 flats with the stock Flat Trail T/As. BUT, I run alot of hard Baja trails, including Mission Impossible, consisting of boulders and ledges, very steep with decomposing granite. Feel like an idiot without a winch or another vehicle. ELSP continues to impress me. AFter that how the heck are guys blowing diffs???

April 07, diffs front and rear are blowing like crazy. I stop my build up and go 33s instead of 35s. Again, I wheel Utah fairly hard, as Utah goes. No problems, but the net has me scared now so I am MANY times more gental on the gas then my old rig. I run two short trips to evaluate 4x4 trails for the Trail management process FS, and drive ULTRA conservative.

May 07, A SERIOUS problem is clear now and I am planning to go to Gone but cancel more difficult trips until fixes come out. Why risk a new truck? I go out to another area to GPS trails for the FS when I break on a moderate incline. I have done it now...or have I? Almost no gas, limited wheel spin..couldnt be! Yep, and it is the rear. Now here I sit. Nissan says it was taken off-road and they were not meant to be taken off-road!( I know, it was a stupid lackey, but he is all I could talk to)

The point of all this is, it becomes a matter of imperical IMPRESSION. I have not seen this as a big problem, so what the heck are those guys doing? Then BLANG! I also think it may be the gears weaken with repeated trips, and many dont wheel the trucks new. Whatever, the design flaws are being understood. We need to fix them, and Nissan needs a solid position on the huge warranty expense ahead that wont expire until 60K and 5 years. Thats 2009-2010 for the 05s alone! And all years have the defective front!