Quote:
Originally posted by jeffo65:
Check with your Acura or Toyata service department to see if they will work on your X. If they will, take it there.
Interesting you said that. Both my acura and toyota dealers will only work on their product.
Actually the acura dealer, will on some ocassion, work on a late model honda.
But every nissan service center near me, actually is proud to state, they will do work on all and any vehicles, no matter what make.
To me, this seems a little weird. You are waiting to get factory service on your nissan, and you have to wait for a lift, because a 95 ford taurus is waiting around for a few hours till a part is delivered.
I asked nissan company about this, and they basically tell me, a dealer does whatever he wants to do.
With my acura, I ALWAYS get a call from dealership, a day or two after, asking me if I was happy with service and is everything okay. About every second service, ACURA corp. calls me direct, and asks about servicing. Top notch to deal with.
I love my X, but servicing is part of total picture, and If acura, ever made something comparable to my x(will never happen, in the price range, LOL) their service department attitude, would sway me to buy acura.
I know other people in other parts of country wil have much varied experiences. I an not out of sorts, just dont like nissan attitude here. LOL
I keep my vehicles till the wheels fall off, and thus I am dedicated to this vehicle, hopefull for 200,000 miles at least. All vehciles in my family, get handed down, one way or another to the young ones who need them, or become part of "the family collective" smile
My favorite vehicle is still the old toyota sequoi,(when it is running good). Has 350,000 miles on original motor, and second transmission.
And hundred of brake pads LOL (the downside to the sequoi and its brakes)

Stay safe
Stay safe